Terms and Conditions
1. Our Contract with You
2. Registration Process
1. You must register on the HubBox App prior to making a Collection Request (unless you are offered HubBox directly at an online retailer’s checkout)
2. In order to complete the online registration process, you must provide us with the following information, which must be accurate:
a. Your full name;
b. A Valid UK Billing Address;
c. Customer Account details; and
d. An operational mobile telephone number and monitored email address.
4. If your registration is successful, we will provide you with a HubBox ID. This will appear on the screen immediately after the registration has completed and will also be sent to you by email.
5. Once you have been given a HubBox ID you may make a Collection Request (see Clause 4 below).
6. If the information you have provided us with in registration is false, fraudulent or incorrect you will be prohibited from using the Service. We reserve the right to delay or suspend your registration until such time as you provide us with valid details (by using our contact form).
7. By providing us with your Customer Account details you authorise us to take payment from you in accordance with these Terms. All payments are processed securely through Braintree, which is Level 1 PCI compliant. For the avoidance of doubt, HubBox does not handle or store your payment details.
1. You will be charged £1.95 (inclusive of VAT) for every individual Parcel delivered to a Collect Point (the “Price”). The Price will automatically be deducted from your Customer Account when you collect your Parcel from the Collect Point. You will not be charged for your first Collection Request.
2. If we are unable to process a card payment from you for any reason, we will contact you and you must arrange payment by another means. We shall be entitled to take immediate payment from your account for historic deliveries as soon as your payment method has been updated.
3. You can cancel the Service at any time by emailing email@example.com.
4. We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to vary the Price upon 30 days’ notice to you by email.
4. Collection Requests
1. When making a Collection Request you must:
a. Not arrange the delivery of any goods that contain or comprise Prohibited Articles as defined in Clause 6.1 below;
b. Specify the address of your chosen Collect Point as the delivery address;
c. Ensure that your HubBox ID appears after your surname on any order;
d. Not arrange for the delivery of any goods that incur either excess and/or duty charges payable on delivery;
e. Not arrange delivery outside your chosen Collect Point’s working hours (as set out on the Website); and
f. Not provide instructions to leave the Parcel outside the Collect Point or with the Collect Point’s neighbour in the event that delivery is attempted outside of the Collect Point’s working hours.
2. When your Parcel is delivered to your chosen Collect Point we will send you an email (a “Delivery Confirmation Notice”) informing you that your Parcel has been delivered and providing you with a six digit collection code (“Collection Code”).
3. On receipt of the Delivery Confirmation Notice you must collect your Parcel from the specified Collect Point within the time period stated in the Delivery Confirmation Notice. This will usually be 14 days although the time periods within which Parcels must be collected may vary according to the size of the Parcel, the Collect Point that you have selected and the month in which the Parcel is delivered.
4. When collecting your Parcel you must provide the Collect Point with:
a. Your Collection Code; and/or
b. Proof of your identity (namely a valid passport, driving licence or bank card).
5. If you are unable to fulfil either of these requirements, the Collect Point will refuse to give you your Parcel unless and until you can fulfil the requirements. In such circumstances, the Collect Point will continue to hold your Parcel until the expiry of the period set out in the Delivery Confirmation Notices
6. If someone else is collecting a Parcel on your behalf, they will need to provide the Collect Point with:
a. Your Collection Code; and/or
b. Proof of your identity (namely a valid passport, driving licence or bank card).
7. If they are unable to fulfil either of these requirements, the Collect Point will refuse to give them your Parcel unless and until they can fulfil the requirements. In such circumstances, the Collect Point will continue to hold your Parcel until the expiry of the period set out in the Delivery Confirmation Notice.
8. If you fail to collect the Parcel within the period set out in the Delivery Confirmation Notice we reserve the right in our absolute discretion at any time thereafter either to:
a. Return the Parcel to the sender at your cost (such cost, which shall include the cost of returning the Parcel plus a £10 administration fee, will be taken from your Customer Account prior to return); or
b. Store the Parcel otherwise than at the Collect Point.
9. If we return your Parcel in accordance with Clause 4.6(a) above we will notify you by email.
10. If we store your Parcel in accordance with Clause 4.6(b) above we will notify you by email. We will invite you to contact us to arrange collection of your Parcel by a specific date and will inform you what we will do with the Parcel if you do not collect the Parcel by that date. This may include giving the Parcel to charity.
11. If you want to return a Parcel you must use the retailer’s prescribed returns process. You cannot return Parcels at HubBox Collect Points.
5. Supply of the service
1. We shall supply the Service to you using reasonable care and skill.
2. We have absolute discretion as to the procedure to be followed in the handling and storage of Parcels delivered to Collect Points.
3. We reserve the right to reject delivery of a Parcel at a Collect Point if:
a. You are not a registered Customer;
b. Your name and/or HubBox ID are not clearly identifiable on the Parcel; and/or
c. The Parcel:
(i) Weighs more than 20 kilograms;
(ii) Exceeds 70cm x 70cm x 70cm in dimension;
(iii) Does not have a Label attached;
(iv) Appears to and/or contains Prohibited Articles;
(v) Appears to be damaged; and/or
d. You (or anyone that is asked to collect your Parcel on your behalf) are rude or aggressive towards Collect Point or HubBox staff.
4. If we reject delivery of a Parcel:
a. You will be notified by whichever courier shipped your goods (we will not notify you directly ).
b. We will not charge you.
6. Prohibited Articles
1. Prohibited Articles include but are not limited to:
(a) Any objects or substances that are either illegal in the Jurisdiction or in respect of which carriage or possession is illegal in the Jurisdiction.
(b) Gases, pyrotechnics, arms and ammunition or corrosive, toxic, flammable, explosive, oxidising or radioactive materials or any other noxious, dangerous or hazardous goods or goods likely to cause damage.
(c) Money, prescribed drugs, perishable goods, coins, or plants.
(d) Any item of high value including without limitation jewellery, bullion, deeds, bonds, securities, stamps, antiques, fine art.
(e) Birds, fish, animals or any other creatures.
(f) Any item that requires specialist storage or storage at a specific temperature.
2. If you nevertheless (whether knowingly or unknowingly) place a Collection Request which results in a Prohibited Article being delivered to a Collect Point, we shall be under no liability whatsoever in connection with the Prohibited Article however arising and you shall be liable for any and all loss or damage caused by, or in connection with the Prohibited Article however arising and shall indemnify us against all penalties, claims, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever arising in connection therewith and the Prohibited Article may be destroyed or otherwise dealt with in our absolute discretion by us or by any other person in whose custody they may be at the relevant time.
3. We shall be entitled, in our absolute discretion to suspend or cancel your registration if you arrange for Prohibited Articles to be delivered to one of our Collect Points or use the Service otherwise than for personal use.
4. If we suspect that you are using the Service for fraudulent and/or criminal reasons, we may suspend and/or terminate the Service until we have completed further investigations. If such investigations confirm fraudulent and/or criminal behaviour we may confiscate your Parcels if instructed to do so by the Police and/or any other enforcement agency and may provide them with information about you and/or your orders if so requested.
7. Our Liability
1. All Parcels delivered to Collect Points are held there at your risk. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused to Parcels whilst they are being held at Collect Points.
2. Notwithstanding Clause 7.1 above, in the event that you are able to supply us with (i) valid proof of delivery to the Collect Point; and (ii) confirmation of the value of the Articles contained in the Parcel, we may in our absolute discretion elect to compensate you up to a maximum of the value of the contents of the Parcel or £25 per Parcel, whichever is lower. In order to be eligible to receive such compensation, you must provide us with the above information in writing (by using our contact form) within 30 days of the date on which you say the Parcel was delivered. Any compensation will payable be paid directly into your Customer Account. We will not pay compensation for Parcels in respect of which collection has not been attempted within the period set out in the applicable Delivery Confirmation Notice, nor shall we be liable for such Parcels.
3. We do not exclude or restrict in any way our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our own negligence or the negligence of our employees or agents acting in the course of their employment or agency or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
4. We shall not be liable whether in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise (including in each case negligence) for any of the following type of losses or damages arising under or in relation to provision of the Service:
a. Special or consequential loss or damage (whether direct or indirect); or
b. Any loss of profits, business contracts, anticipated savings, goodwill or revenue (whether direct or indirect).
5. Notwithstanding Clause 7.3 for which our liability is unlimited, our entire liability whether arising from our breach of contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty or data protection breach in connection with our supply of the Service to you shall be limited to the total amount of money you have paid to HubBox in the preceding 12 month period.
6. We shall not be liable for the Parcel contents if:
a. The Parcel Label does not include your HubBox ID; and/or
b. Delivery of your Parcel is attempted outside of the Collect Point’s working hours (or the Collect Point is otherwise closed) and the Parcel is left outside the Collect Point or with a third party; and/or
c. You arrange delivery of a Parcel to a Collect Point that is not live (whilst we will aim to inform you if a Collect Point you have used before is no longer available, it is your responsibility to check before making a Collection Request that the Collect Point is operational by checking the HubBox App).
7. HubBox is not liable as a bailee in respect of any Parcels delivered to Collect Points.
8. Events outside our control
1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
2. An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks which prevents us from supplying the Service to you.
3. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place:
a. We will notify you as soon as reasonably possible by email; and
b. Our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our performance of the Service to you, we will restart the Service as soon as reasonably possible after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
We may amend these Terms at any time by posting the revised Terms on the Website and emailing you to inform you about the same. Your continued use of the Service thereafter will constitute acceptance of the revised Terms.
10. Applicable Law
1. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
2. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any matters arising out of a contract incorporating these Terms.
11. Third Parties
A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right to enforce any of these Terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
We do not give up our rights by delaying or failing to exercise them at any time.
If any of these Terms are found by a court to be illegal or not enforceable, all other Terms will still be in effect.
“Article” means any article which is not a Prohibited Article and “Articles” shall be construed accordingly.
“Collect Point” means a collection location listed on the HubBox App as a collect point.
“Collection Request” means when a Customer acting in accordance with these Terms orders goods from an online retailer requesting that those goods be delivered to a Collect Point.
“Customer” or “you” means a person who successfully registers on the HubBox App and “your” shall be construed accordingly.
“HubBox” or “we” or “us” or “our” or “ourselves” means Convenient Collect Limited t/a HubBox (Company No. 9271441) whose registered office is at Unit 6, 5 Morie Street, London, SW18 1SL, and includes HubBox’s servants, agents, and any person or persons receiving, storing or carrying Parcels under the contract with HubBox (including but not limited to Collect Points).
“HubBox App” means the web-based customer admin portal accessed via the Website and/or the the HubBox Android App downloadable from the Google Play Store and/or the HubBox iOS App downloadable from the Apple App Store.
“Customer Account” means a debit or credit card account in the Customer’s name.
“HubBox ID” means the unique identification number allocated to a Customer upon successful registration on the HubBox App.
“Jurisdiction” means England and Wales.
“Label” means clearly visible and legible identification on a Parcel of the Customer’s name, HubBox ID and the relevant Collect Point address.
“Parcel” means an Article or Articles that are Correctly Packaged and have a Label attached and “Parcels” shall be construed accordingly.
“Prohibited Article” means those items listed in Clause 6.1.
“Service” means the receiving, storing and releasing of Parcels delivered to Collect Points in accordance with these Terms.
“Terms” means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
“Valid UK Billing Address” means an address in the UK (excluding a PO Box address or address in the Channel Islands) that is linked to the Customer Account.
“Website” means www.hub-box.com.